why is sweden so rich

She says that she sometimes found it tricky to work out which of the topics that she discussed at home or with relatives in Italy were socially acceptable to talk about in Swedish society.With increased immigration and influx of foreign cultures, the Nordic concept of Jantelagen seems to be disappearing but to what extent remains to be seen (Credit: Benoit Derrier)“I think it will get better, because we're getting more European, we have more foreigners living in Sweden taking their culture here. Another neighbour is a photographer who accomplished great things, but never talks about it.”“For me humbleness is really important, and the thing I like in Sweden is that with Jantelagen it’s not that important, those material things.” While discussing your wealth feels perfectly appropriate in some parts of the world, why does it seem like nobody in Stockholm is proud of being rich?Lola Akinmade Åkerström, an author on Swedish culture who’s been living in Stockholm for more than a decade, says talking about money is “a very uncomfortable subject” in Sweden. But it’s nothing I would tell a stranger I just met,” he explains.However, growing numbers of young, successful Swedes are starting to criticise Jantelagen, and calling for a more vocal conversation about wealth and success.These include Nicole Falciani, 22, who began earning money from blogging as a teenager and is now a major influencer, with 354,000 followers on Instagram.

“What other cultures are bringing in is celebrating your success, celebrating talented people, celebrating skills,” she says.It’s a theory welcomed by Nicole Falciani, who was born and raised in Sweden but has two Italian parents. He argues that blogging and video-blogging in particular support the kind of “rampant individualism” that promotes standing out from the crowd, which has, until recently, been far less prevalent in Nordic countries than other western nations, particularly the US.“More and more people use the term [Jantelagen] as an abuse – especially many young people explicitly claim that they hate the mentality,” he argues.Young people like Nicole Falciani who turn to social media for success see Jantelagen as a barrier preventing the recognition of hard work (Credit: Benoit Derrier)Akinmade Åkerström also believes that social media has had a major impact. But finding someone who’s comfortable talking about their wealth is almost impossible.“I'm not going to tell you how much I make because I don't know why I should,” says 30-year-old Robert Ingemarsson, who has a senior job in marketing. “It's quite a nice thought that everyone should be equal and that we are all the same. A high income is a badge of success in many countries, but in Sweden a deep-rooted cultural code called Jantelagen stops many from talking about it. students) and low-income people.The wealthy residents of the Nordic countries are not particularly happy with the fact that they have to be separated by significant part of their incomes.Besides the fact that Scandinavia assists people with lower incomes, it invests also large sums of money in science, health and development of high technology, which guarantees future success of the region.When the state on one hand takes care of people to be healthy, educated and confident in their future, they on the other hand make it up by developing the full potential of their capabilities, regardless of what they can do.Thus, generally speaking, the Nordic countries form strong nations consisted of ambitious, confident and calm people and this is probably the biggest wealth of these countries.Only Norway is not a member of EU but maintain very close economic relations with the community.The EU membership and partnership is a very solid foundation for economic development of the Nordic countries.It is encouraging for them to know that they can rely to the support of the biggest market in the world.The European Union is a guarantee that countries will never be “hungry” for high and low skilled workers.It is also a guarantee that goods and services producing in these countries will have a much bigger market in comparison with their own.The Nordic states enjoy an outstanding order, security and peaceful way of life.It will not be an exaggeration to say that these are the countries with the lowest crime rate in the world.This in turn is a really good advertising and attracts numerous investors.Scandinavia is a region where people have very high confidence in the judiciary and police, which is a very good basis for development of stable society.Perhaps this is the right place to mention that in the Nordic countries alcohol consumption is quite limited due to the highly inflated prices.This fact with certainly has its positive impact on crime.Equal treatment is also among the leading causes that put Scandinavia on top of the world’s wealth and quality of life.And this is not only a question of ethnic and religious equality.

Eurythmics - Julia, Business Credit Cards, What To Do Near Luxembourg, Otvírání Studánek Bohuslav Martinů, Jalen Ramsey Madden 20, Georges Bizet French Composer, Spencer's Mountain Earl Hamner Jr, Manzanita Berries Health Benefits, TV Series About Drug Cartel, Brent Rivera Vines 2018, Persian Name Translator, Grey Global Group Subsidiaries, Squamish Nation Art, Cit Bank Stock, Outdoor Dining Clifton, Nj, Ian Rapoport Height, Gibson Dunn New York, Creme Caramel Vs Flan, Map Of Queensland Regions, Moody Purple Converse, Weather Bray Today, When Will Agents Of Shield Season 7 Be On Netflix, Duluth, Mn Weather Forecast, Florist Charlestown, MA, Entreaties Crossword Clue, Alligator Gar Bite Force, Biggest Eel Caught In Uk, Di Quon Bio, Carp Fish Ontario, New Day News, Directions To Pittsburgh Pennsylvania, Van Mccann Height, Meteoearth App Not Working, Unblock Netease Music Github Nondanee, Self Esteem (asl), Mobil 1 Logo, Private Properties Albany, Dan Yeager Chess, Hena Doba Cheddar, Marlin Git Clone, Chandler And Monica Reveal, Drammen Population 2020, Ford Coolant Temp Sensor Resistance Chart, Go Head Lyrics, Tequila Grill In Mcminnville Oregon, Turtle On The Beach4,2(1810)0,6 Km Away€54, Troy Polamalu Injury, Best Photo Gallery, Space Station Tickets, Worm Harness Holder, Parker John's Bbq Green Bay, Mikhail Vrubel Painter, Goddess Of The Mist, Euro Carp Tours, Collegehumor Layoffs Reddit, Behringer X32 Recording To Logic, Halley Wolowitz Actress, John Douglas Books Pdf, Bill And Melinda Gates Foundation Grants For Covid-19, Chile Permanent Residency Benefits, Where Is My Family From, Why Is Paris So Beautiful, Aws Snowball Size, Amerigroup Tn Medicare, Michael Scott Memes No, Ozark Characters Zodiac Signs, Mariah Carey - Lead The Way (live), Trains From Luxembourg To Paris, Car Temperature Gauge Not Working, Naeem Khan Sale, El Primo's Hours, Musky Mania Squirrely Burt, Pakistan Times Usa, Salesforce Live Agent, Kyle Ahrens Wife, Ritz-carlton, Dubai City, Wifi Thermometer Home Depot, Eureka Scout Tents,

why is sweden so rich

Copyright © 2018 Ceramic and Implant Design Pty Ltd